Monday, June 18, 2007

Off to Genoa, home of Christopher Columbus

We sailed out of Monaco harbor and headed to Italy. I just have to say as we leave France that I will always have a part it carried in my heart. The people were so kind, the southern French light so magical and the towns and cities so elegant and charming. I know I will be back.

We stayed the night in a very small port about an hour into Italy. It proved to be a lucky choice. While the harbor did not have much appeal, it did have a Lagoon dealer. He arranged for us to have our 50-hour checkup and oil change on my engines and helped me with some electronic equipment problems I was having. We ended getting a late start to Genoa, but I was glad to get these things taken care of. Today did bring a first on our navigation skills. Because we crossed the Gulf of Genoa, we lost sight of all land for a couple of hours before making it into port. The magic of GPS. It tells you where you are going even if you have no idea where you are.

No comments: