Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Turkey is Not Quite Done Yet



Like a boomerang we keep returning to Marmaris Turkey this summer. This time we are there for only a couple of days. This is just such a great place to get things done for the boat. I have been thinking that it was time to replace the cushions I had since I first got the boat. They could have lasted a couple of years more, but we would never been in such a great place to have new ones made. So we contacted a well recommended upholsterer to redo the cushions. And I didn’t stop there. We had a new sunshade structure fabricated as well as a new bike cover to protect our bikes on the back of the boat. I also designed a system that we can change the cushions in the cockpit of the boat to make a big sunbed. There was one more thing I wanted to do. The helm seat really needed to be designed differently to make it more comfortable. So I redesigned it and had the shop build a new seat. And what a difference these changes made. It all really turned out fantastic. We can now snap the cushions in place and not worry about them being blown off the boat. The helm seat is so much more comfortable which is important given the number of hours I spend sitting up there. And the sunshade makes the space back there so much more comfortable when the hot sun is melting us. So for all those that have been on the boat before, you are going to have to come back and enjoy our new décor.

No comments: