Monday, July 30, 2007

Kefalonia and Underground Lakes

Our journey continues to the Ionian Island of Kefalonia. We slung our anchor out and backed up to the quay of a small little town built around the harbor. The first thing on our list of things to do is visit the caves. They were about 5km away from us. So we decided to rent a taxi. But since there were now 5 of us, (Rebecca’s friend Amanda joined us in Paxos) we wouldn’t all fit in a taxi. The fare was 35 euro to take us to the caves and back. Since we had to rent two taxis, the cost would have been 70 euro. That was a little more than we wanted to pay. After looking at renting a car, or scooters or taking the bus, I decided I would just ride my bike and meet them there. So all the girls got in the cab and I followed on my bike. The taxi driver was quite surprised when I showed up just a couple of minutes after he did. The distance was not that far and the road was pretty level.

The first stop was an amazing underground lake. It looked more like a movie set from Phantom of the Opera than a natural grotto. The water was crystal blue and the air felt refreshingly cool to my hot skin. You could see 90 feet to the bottom without any problem. They had us get into a rowboat and a guide took us around the lake and into the cave. I asked him if he would sing to us, but he declined. He didn’t want to upset the fish.

The second cave is just up the road about 8km further. This cave was a big underground cathedral of stalagmites and stalactites in colorful hues of yellow, orange and creamy white. They looked like melting ice cream cones. The cave is a very big room that at times has been used for classical concerts. I can’t imagine the wonder and excitement of looking down a small opening and discovering such a wondrous site. I am sure I would vacillate between keeping such a place for myself and telling all of my friends, knowing that it would never be quite the same again. The girls got in the taxi to head back to the boat and as I was getting on my biking helmet, I see this nice Greek with broad shoulders and defined chest wearing a swimming suite that kept staring at me in my biking clothes. Well it isn’t the first time I have been stared at over here, so I don’t think much about it. He crosses over to the parking lot where he has a RV parked. I am just a bit curious what might happen. I guess I saw that hungry look every gay boy learns to spot when he feels something is up. Well the guy comes out of his RV with just a towel and starts drying himself off showing off his dick to me. I just had to investigate a little closer, so I rode my bike over to where he was. Evidently he was hoping for just such a move. He grabs my dick in my biking shorts and gives it a big squeeze. The next thing I know, he has my dick in his mouth and is giving me a much-needed blowjob. I don’t think he spoke much English, but we really didn’t have much to say to each other. Besides, his mouth was full anyway. He couldn’t get much in his mouth, but what wouldn’t fit, he grabbed with his hand. It didn’t take much for me to give him a taste of what he seemed to be waiting for. We both grinned as I stuffed my dick back in my biking shorts and headed back to the boat.

The next day, we headed to a beautiful beach strung out along the coast. I feel like we are living in post cards most of the time over here. It is everything you want a Greek beach to look like. The water is warm and a turquoise color. Blue and white umbrellas all lined up like soldiers in formation dot the beach. And most of them have a bronze Greek god in a tight speedo soaking up the sun under them. Their golden skin, toned bodies, dark eyes and oodles of curly raven black hair make them pretty good eye candy to take in. I have flights of fantasy on a regular basis over here.

No comments: